As the COVID-19 virus has arrived in our communities, Specialty Polymers and our divisions, Roo Glue and TorZo Surfaces continue to monitor for any local, state and national emergency orders that might impact our business.
Specialty Polymers has determined that our business and manufacturing facilities are essential to the continued viability of the critical infrastructure of the United States. This is defined by the Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and issued by the Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). We are monitoring daily for all updates and will make necessary changes as essential business requirements from communities, state and local government develops. As such, Specialty Polymers will continue to manufacture products for customers in a variety of critical fields and ship orders on time.
We have taken several steps to ensure our employees remain safe and healthy at work. Some of the steps we’ve taken include:
- Disinfecting high touch areas multiple times per day with a hospital grade disinfectant
- Providing cleaning and sanitizing supplies at locations throughout our facilities
- Curtailing all employee business air travel
- When possible, having employees work from home
- Ensuring all employees in our manufacturing facilities practice social distancing, and maintain a minimum of six feet of separation between employees
Specialty Polymers is well positioned to weather the ups and downs that come with being in business, including the COVID-19 virus. We are committed to the safety of our employees and supporting our customers during this difficult time.
Be safe, wash your hands a lot, and practice social distancing!